* Available soon!
Determination of the metabolic disorder "KPU" and the intestinal health from the horse's urine
Does your horse suffer with:
• Chronic diseases such as allergies, sweet itch, chronic obstructive
pulmonary disease (COPD), laminitis
• Unspecific lameness
• Performing bad
• Bad general condition, such as fatigue and listlessness
• Headshaking, etc.
Then you might want to find out if your horse is a KPU candidate by getting this lab test done.
What you receive when you place this order:
- An envelope with a test tube and a form that has been filled out for you
- A label from DPD to post the urine sample to the German lab. You will need to deliver this to the nearest DPD depot
How to take the urine sample and what to do:
- First of all it is good to know that before you take the test your horse should not receive any mineral or balancer feed for 10 days.
- You will need to get some urine from the horse and put this in the test tube. You will need to post the sample as soon as possible. It needs to arrive at the lab within 10 days and delivery with DPD takes about 5 working days.
What happens next? :
• You will receive a competent analysis
• Proof of metabolic disorder "KPU"
• Determination of indican, a marker of gut health
• Examination of the urine samples by our trained staff
• Evaluation of the results
• Advice from The Horse Therapist
* The test set contains the sample tubes, a laboratory form, test instructions and a return envelope with a DPD label. You will have to drop of the parcel at a DPD depot in your area.
You collect the urine in a clean mason jar and fill it into the sample tube. Then send the sample via DPD to Sension in Germany with the completed laboratory form in the enclosed return envelope.
Please note: Sension needs to receive the sample within 10 working days. The transit time with DPD is 3 working days. So once you have the urine sample from your horse you should bring it to DPD straight away. And only on Monday or Tuesday!
As soon as we have received the sample, Sension will carry out the required analysis in their specialist laboratory and then they send The Horse Therapist the results. Sharon will discuss the results with you and set up a nutrition plan in order to get the horse healthy again.
* read more about KPU here: Blog KPU