What is diatomaceous earth?
Diatomaceous earth is a non-toxic substance made from crushed diatom fossils. Diatoms also known as diatom are a class of single-cell algae with an external skeleton of pebble.
Suitable for horses, dogs, cats, cattle, hens, pigs, turkey, rabbits, ducks, goats
- strengthen ligaments and joints
- Helps fight off parasites and worms
- Helps prevent low bone mass
- You can use it external to help fight off mites & lice
- Improves protein digestion, prevents ammonia development.
- Prevents eating sand or licking horses.
- Support healthy skin, hair and hooves/nails
- Dehydrates the stomach and intestinal environment and protects and improves the stomach and intestinal wall condition, indirectly this has a preventative effect on intestinal parasites. In many cases, it removes prolonged diarrhea and water after the manure.
Recommended quantities per animal species:
• Horses: 2% of the total weight of the daily portion of food. (10-30. Per day) Advice pony 5-8 g, horse 10-15 g, cure lasts about 2 months maintenance dose with long use 5 g pd
• Cattle: 1% of their body weight per day
• Dogs: 1 tablespoon in the daily food for dogs heavier than 25 kg. Small dogs: 1 teaspoon (young dogs from 6 months of medium-sized breeds or larger). For smaller young dogs 1/2 teaspoon.
• Cats: 1 teaspoon in the daily food
Administering as a mineral supplement
The crude diatomaceous earth contains a wide range of natural minerals such as: calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphates, sodium, titanium, potassium, silicon, aluminum, etc.
Sources: De Baroen and various public internet publications.
More information can be found in the herbal wiki